Monday, November 30, 2009

Summer essential: Knit tie

For the longest time I remember as a kid going through my father's belt and tie collection and always seeing these really soft, clothy like ties. I didn't know what they were at the time especially because my father seldom wore them. This was even funnier because every time he sent me to fetch a belt for a thrashing I'd always see the same tie. I'm talking about a knit tie. A must have in any gentleman's summer wardrobe.




I just the love the tie, it's design, the feel, the fit, the length, when tied right, it is quite versatile and seems to do a good job of complementing a shirt and ultimately one's outfit. Everyone of my bargain hunting discoveries are always immersed in a story, so with regards to the knit tie, here goes:




I was walking from a pc zone stall at the market when my eyes happened to catch a glimpse of a sign that read 'second hand clothing'. That alone made me give it a second look. This place was a small nook which couldn't fit more than 10 people at a time. Outside hanging on the railing were 3 hangers with a large stash of ties. I just had to walk towards the ties and rummage through them to find something that would interest me. I was not interested until I ran into one knit tie. And then I just had to keep searching until I had 3. The navy one featured in this post, a deep red, and, a burgundy and mustard one. Not to mention I was quite pleased with myself because I once again lived up to the 'King of Bargains' title I profess to hold. I only paid R2 a pop.




Since it's a Monday and dress up day for going to work I decided to feature the navy knit tie. And herewith below a few more examples:









PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: