Friday, November 13, 2009

There's Fashion Forward then there's Fashion Foolish - Cooking Beetroot

When I was kid, growing up, I remember the ardous process that cooking beetroot was. My mother would send me to the shops and I'd come back with the beetroot, still intact, from the leaves to the bulbs. I'd bring it back home, cut the leaves off and boil it in a pot. After some time we'd take the beetroot out, let it cool off, peel the skin off, grate it into a dish. Then we'd add a little sugar, vinegar and then place in the fridge until serving time.

It's 2009, ohhh...!!! Stuff aint like that no more. Now, you go to your local store and you don't find beetroot like what I described above. It's already cooked, seasoned and packaged, ready for consumption. None of the culinary red tape that mother and I used to go through. You probably asking yourself what this story has to do with men's style..? Well...





For the life of me I don't understand how this kind of shirt can be appealing to any man. Are we so lazy that we now have our sleeves rolled up for us...? This shirt is a definite no-no for me. Just don't even think about wearing it in my presence because it's just a bad idea. I don't understand the rationale behind the design of such a shirt. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it. I know about adventurous and pushing the envelope BUT this is just wrong.






Now you know why everybody hates Chris.


On a final note, for all my basketballers I have to put you on to Stephen Curry's rookie blog at GQ.com where he breaks down his day to day goings on and what it's like to be a professional basketballer.



pic courtesy of GQ



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: