Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You be the judge

It was a little chilly for a spring day yesterday and I decided to go to church in some bright but warm fabrics. I guess you can tell from the jacket that it is quite heavy set. Anyway I actually wanted to get everyones opinion on how the outfit looks and it's presentation.

First off, I'm not happy with the length of the pants, especially since they have a turn-up. I like them with a turn up and just resting on the top of the shoe. The shirt is another thing. From my GQ best dressed post you would be able to deduce that I am big on fit. If it doesn't hang right then I know I'm not going to feel right in it. The shirt collar for me was a little loose and this comes from losing weight. What I don't understand though is why the shirt sleeve has gotten shorter. It is my size shirt but for some reason the shirt sleeve doesn't even make a peek under the jacket. For me, no cuff is naf. The shirt colour was also a challenge. I initially wanted to go with a white shirt because I felt it would off-set the all the colours but I mostly wanted to highlight the orange tie.

It was a different story when I got to church though, I was getting compliments from most of the guys, especially based on my colour scheme. I wasn't too confident in this get-up so...







You be the judge.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mxolisi, many kudos for what you are doing, think your blog is a fantastic idea and is pretty cool. Came across your blog after reading one of your comments on The Sartoriailist (which I've been following for years), and I was like, did that person just write "ziphi izihlangu", hahaha. Awesome.

On your outfit: I like your blazer, but it needs to be more fitted on the body; more tailored. The shirt is too big, you can see by how loose your collar is. I don't like the tie - think the colour does nothing for you. Wonderful shoes, and if the pants were not so long, I'd like them too. Whow, that may have sounded mean, but I have feeling you'll get what I'm saying. Keep it going man.

Energie

MN SL&E said...

Hi Anonymous,

I like the Sartorialist, I draw so much inspiration from it. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, much appreciated.

Your comments are also taken in serious stride because after all I did ask for your comments. Like i said initially I didn't feel confident in the gear however I needed an E-3rd opinion.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it is what drives me.