Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You be the judge

How does a look so well put together get so much criticism...? From people I feel have little to no knowledge about men's style. As I got out of my car at my workplace I happened to run into 3 female colleagues who were on their smoke break. They all said that I looked good and well put together although one thing was missing and according to them, conspicuously. A belt.



I won't go into detail about the jokes they made which hinted to male sexual performance as well. However they all unanimously agreed that I had made a huge fashion faux pas by omitting a belt. I then explained to them that going belt-less was a new look I was going with especially because it is so unconventional but acceptable by perfect gentleman standards. Please believe this did not deter them from continuing to berate me and lament at how I had transgressed a classic style rule.

I am very much a fan of going belt-less to such an extent that I have taken a few of my pants to my tailor for reduction at the waist. I better not gain any fat.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: