Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Summer essential: First pair of shades I'm proud of wearing



So last week sometime I bought a November copy of GQ magazine, the U.S. edition and I was just amazed at its layout and presentation. It was however not very different from the online version so that was somewhat of an anti-climax. However, since I'd been ignoring the S.A.edition for November I finally decided to make a purchase this morning, and, a serendipitous find befell me. Inside the plastic wrapper of the magazine was a pair of sunglasses. And to my delight,Wayfarers. I was very excited because I've always been intrigued by them and also wondered how I'd look in a pair. However in this case of sartorial history relived I have to pay respect to the originator of Wayfarers in my lineage, my father.



Wayfarers are a design by Ray-Ban from 1952, a break away design from the conventional metal frame that was a staple in earlier years. Over the years the Wayfarers popularity have risen and fallen however they have never lost their appeal and in recent years have been revived by Ray-Ban in huge marketing campaigns plugged by celebrities to further push the product.




I must say it is a good marketing ploy by GQ to include these no-name brand Wayfarers as a way to boost sales. For me they came at the right time because I sure do look good in them. And since I'm given to excess I might just buy another copy just so I have two pairs, one for the car and another in my wardrobe.




PG: Man to man, generation to genration.

1 comment:

Baggy pants said...

Our products including shoes, hats, boots, sandals, sunglasses, belts, electronic watches, clothes, handbags, jewelry, bikini, underwear, jerseys etc. If you are interest in anything of them, please visit our website.