Sunday, December 6, 2009

You be the judge




It's been a hot Sunday today. The way summer ought to be and I couldn't imagine myself in church, funking with the Lord, in the wrong colours, fabrics and patterns. The church experience is supposed to be spiritually liberating therefore I can't imagine being in clothes that are tight and restrictive. Just because it's summer though, it doesn't mean that one has to be in baggy, overly sized loose clothing. No, proper size and fit still have to be maintained. For me, casual means rolled up sleeves, form fitting shirts and pants, and, loafers. This is what I was trying to achieve with today's look. Something cool, calm and collected. Which I tried to exude as well. Can't say I look half bad in them Wayferers too.




I was trying to achieve a balance in the colours with this outfit because I didn't want one colour to overpower another. Complementing was of utmost importance so much so that I made sure all my metals, watch, wedding band, belt buckle, were of the same finish. The most striking feature however is the alarming red knit tie. I'll admit it does draw attention to the centre of my body however it brings a balance to the outfit because it complements the white shirt and the grey pants. The shoes are by Polo and they are soft leather loafers which I could've worn sockless however owing to the occassion I had to conform to the applicable style rule.

All in all, I'm loving it especially because the coolness of the outfit which jumps right at you giving you a wave of that summer heat. So...



You be the judge.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

Glen Antoine Palmer said...

Great look. I'm tripping because it is cold as heck over here! Snow is on the way.