Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The fitted sweat suit

Hip hop can be so misleading sometimes. When I look back to my younger days, as an avid and passionate hip hop head, I cannot fathom how I wore overly baggy clothes with the thought that I looked good. Hm...That's what the thought of swagger'll do to ya. But even hip hop clothing can be refined, fitted and made to measure. Just take a look at the sweat suit below taken from Brooklyn Circus Blog.



From the first moment I saw it I just knew that it was the perfect way to show that hip hop gear needn't be baggy, saggy and disheveled. This is the best sweat suit presentation I have seen. Not only is it in my favourite colour, grey, but it is well coordinated with that beige leather jacket.



It's good to know that made to measure also extends to hip hop and sporty wear. This however makes me want to go and donate all those oversized hoodies I have to the HHSC (Hip hop Stan Club).


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

2 comments:

h1gher said...

i agree 100%. but i would like to add that i'm sure our age has something to do with our choice of style. well, at least at my age (26) I'm not interested in baggy--and never really was for that matter--but I am super concerned about things "fitting well".

MN SL&E said...

I agree somewhat. I mean when I was younger I was very obsessed with hip hop gear BUT I still maintained a keen eye for formal clothing. The fit part was what was missing.