Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm a winter man

According to the book 'Colour for Men' by Carole Jackson that I'm busy reading, I am a winter man. Not in the sense that I should be dressed warmly at all times but rather using the seasons, winter in my case, as a way of describing my colouring and the colours that look best on me. I tend to be very subjective when reading up on issues that pertain to me, especially those of a very personal nature. So I think I have taken the information in this book as the gospel truth and have somehow convinced myself that I should follow all the guidelines and advice without compromise. If the colour terra-cotta, which subsequently is not a winter's colour, appears under a different season I shouldn't even take interest in it because it wouldn't look good on me and would project a dull look instead of a bright one.

The winter man is described as one whose skin has a blue undertone to it. Grey-beige skin, ranging from light to dark, with no visible pink is also a characteristic of the winter man. In terms of race winters can be classified as  most olive-skinned people, blacks and Asians.

Based on the above a winter man's colours are: White, Black, Grey, Taupe, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Purple.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: