A few attache/ brief-case rules I have come to learn:
* If you are a travelling exec or take work home on the regular then you need one with ample storage space.
* Don't overload it just for effect or because you are too disorganised to file things away. Be smart.
* To avoid unnecessary strain on your body, particularly the shoulder(s) and arms, have two different cases: one large case for weekend work and travel, and a slimmer attache or brief-case for daily use.
* Always check for comfortability when it comes to handles. Some less well-padded cases can cut into your hand.
* And finally, since attaches come in all forms of plastic, canvas, metal and fabric the only acceptable material to complement a man is leather, in a rich dark colour like black, mahogany, burgundy, charcoal or navy.
PG: Man to man, generation to generation.