Sunday, February 14, 2010

You be the judge

A shade of blue dashed with burgundy. I love today's combination. Over the past few days I have come across quite a few blogs and magazines going on and on about fun/ novelty socks. In late January I came across a 50% sale at Meltz, and decided to rummage through their thrift boxes. What I found in there were lots of fun socks in a variety of colours, patterns and schemes. Oh, I took as many I could get. The only colour that seemed a little elusive was orange.


I think the most interesting part of this look is the variety of fabrics on display. The coat is linen, the shirt is chambray and the pants are viscose. Yeah, yeah, yeah...viscose was big in the 90s and has been obsolete since but this is a pair of pants I found at home while visiting my parents, unused, and decided to work them and put them to good use.

My shoes are a pair of  burgundy cap toes by Polo. The fun socks are by Celio.The belt though not visible, is a deep chocolate brown that borders on burgundy. The lay out is not bad either. The blue runs right down the middle and the burgundy runs on the outskirts of the outfit. It's a good look. Going right back to the socks, I think they are the most interesting part of this look.

Here's another look:


You know the drill. You be the judge.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.



1 comment:

Paul Walters said...

Great look. I think I've dressed quite similarly on several occasions. I have an almost identical pair of socks!