Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shoe maintenance: 'Achilles heel'

I've always wondered why it is that all my shoes tend to wear at the heel. I have come to the realisation that this has something to do with the shape of my foot and my step. I know there is a biological term for the way that I walk and step. It's just escaped me for now. Therefore needing to wear my tan cap toes to work I rose up early this morning to rush to my cobbler so that the heels could be fixed.


I shouldn't have left these shoes to wear at the heel in this manner. At the fist sign of wear I should have taken them to my cobbler. It is not a train smash though as within 4 hours I had my shoes back with fixed heels.


These shoes are in constant rotation however since they are my favourite I tend to wear them alot more than the others. Things needn't deteriorate to such an extent though.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

Made To Measure, NY said...

Have your shoemaker put these on your heels:

http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/KIWI_SELECT_Heel_Savers_p/532001.htm

They will prolong the life of them.

Best,
Dennis