Friday, April 16, 2010

Fit is everything

The t-shirt section of my wardrobe needs some serious organising. Sometimes, in the absence of an iron, having neatly folded garments helps because you can just pick and choose the clothes you want without fear of finding them all wrinkled and shrivelled up. Just like in clothing stores. A disorganised wardrobe however negates all of the aforementioned and forces you iron your clothes everytime you get them for wearing.


While rummaging through the t-shirt section I came across some old white t-shirts that came and were influenced by hip hop culture. I wore these tees as recently as 2006. Heavily immersed in the culture I always felt a sense of validation by wearing the latest in trends. Don't get me wrong I did have formal clothes I just didn't wear them much, except for church and work. Looking at these tees now I just can't believe I wore them and actually felt comfortable and good in them. My wife sometimes sleeps in them because they are so ridiculously large. They came in 4XL and 6XL, you can imagine.


Yes, my daughter is coming out with a new sleep wear range for third graders.


Most of the tees I wear now are in this size. They fit well, tight, snug and coordinate with everything. This is not necessarily for the hip hoppers but more for the sartorially lost and misguided. Check your fit because it is of the utmost importance.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: