Thursday, April 15, 2010

If thrift shopping was a sport...

I would get on a plane, cross the Atlantic, all so that I could shop at a flea market in New York. This pic taken from the latest post from the BKc had me raving. I couldn't believe that I was seeing what appears to be a pair of tan Chelsea boots and, what had me more incredulous: what seems to be a pair of velvet slippers. See below.


I'm sure those shoes were inexpensive in all the ways I can imagine. And, it makes me wish I was there to scour, sample and indulge in all these great sartorial treats. Flea markets in my town are not as varied and substantial and the prices are not synonymous with the purpose of the event and the patrons. This however has not put a stop to my bargain hunting ways. But looking at the above pic I know I'd do damage in NY.

That's why I call myself the King of Bargains because if thrift shopping was a sport I'd be a perennial all-star.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

eToro is the ultimate forex broker for newbie and full-time traders.