Thursday, April 1, 2010

Off to the tailor

As intimated in this post previously, today I finally took the grey suit, I bought in Johannesburg back in early February, to the tailor. Soli Omar Tailors'. I love their work and so far they've been doing a splendid job. It's no suprise then that this morning I headed back to them, with the suit in tow, to discuss the work I needed done on it. It was quite a long consultation simply because I needed to make sure that all my needs are met.


I think I woke up this morning with the intent to dress smart simply because I was headed to the tailor and the fact that  I wanted to make the right impression. That, I dress well, in the right manner, complemented by the right manners. To some extents, I'm a sucker for decorum.


Style rule: Wow, I can't get over how good a double breasted jacket looks buttoned. It's a rule I've straddled because at times I feel constricted, however the buttoned up look is all that. I'm sure you'll agree. There's a touch of elegance to those gold buttons. I say that because whenever I took the jacket off the buttons would make this sound like loose coins. I'd have this confused look on my face like 'I know I didn't put any coins in my pockets'.


I think I'll post next week, some time, about my experience at the tailor's but when I walked in I was about my business and the store clerk greeted me with a "good morning sir, how may I help you"...


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

3 comments:

Paul Walters said...

The double-breasted navy blazer looks great on you! Nice choice.
-Paul

MN SL&E said...

Thanks Paul.

What's with the long breaks between posting though...?

Dennis Cahlo said...

You look sharp as hell, man. Love that double breasted on you. Navy is definitely your color.

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE RESULTS FOR THE GRAY SUIT!!!