Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dress according to the season, it's only right

I made a mistake last week. Since it is autumn the weather has been on and off, with the heat being more prominent. Much to my ire too. With the weather being it's confused chilly self, on one such day last week, I decided to wear driving mocassins without socks. I was dressed relatively warm from the ankles up but I ended up being cold on my feet. It's autumn and that means I should change my casual footwear. Driving mocassins are appropriate for spring and summer, not autumn.


Enter the desert boot. The scenario I described above would've been perfectly punctuated by a desert boot, not driving mocs. And, they are so cheap at R150 a pair. Their versatility and aesthetics cannot be denied. Dress them up or down you're bound to make the right impression. Two of the most popular colours are grey and sand. As times have changed and styles have evolved so the desert boot as well, in terms of colour schemes and designs.


I can't help but think that the chukka and desert are related. I've had more love for the chukka than the desert but now age has turned me onto both of them as necessities for my wardrobe.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: