Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The national flag pocket square

On a day laden with a lot of history and significance, I decided to go proudly South African. We've come a long way since 16 June 1976, before I was born, and I am proud to be South African. Celebrating Youth day. Wishing our national football team, Bafana Banafa, the best against Uruguay later this evening and, hoping the outcome will be something we can celebrate for all time.


I got this mini flag from a local service station after pumping my tyres.


I tried a few variations of wearing the flag in my breast pocket and I finally settled on the stuff and fluff method advocated for materials of a light texture.


This is definitely for my country and team, a little innovation when it comes to style. Annother variation could've been to wear a flag pin on the lapel.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I love it!

Jonathan said...

Sorry about your boys, though. Tough loss yesterday.

Mxolisi Ngonelo said...

Very, very, tough. I didn't see much of the game but I was fazed that the final score was 3 - 0. I mean I expected 1 - 0. But to concede 3 goals. That was just tragic.

Jonathan, thanks for reading and checking the blog out.