Tuesday, June 8, 2010


This past weekend was quite eventful. I got introduced to Wallpaper* by a very younger friend of mine and, I must say what a captivating and interesting read it is, Wallpaper*. Don't worry about the asterisk it's part of the Wallpaper* trademark. This magazine is the embodiment of style. Style in all aspects of life. Travel, design, entertainment, fashion and media. What I love about the magazine is that it shows all things that the modern man aspires to and, on a grandiose level. Very quirky and abstract in its expression and tone as well. The layout is great because it is clear, concise and legible.


One issue I enjoyed was an annual one, where a panel of judges, comprising notable individuals, rate the best in things such as design, architecture, men's fashion line, best material for hand made suits, best spa, holiday resort, etc, the list goes on and on. Thinking about it now Wallpaper* is all things that GQ isn't or misses. It is magnified. Extravagant. Grand. Colourful. Bold. And for almost the same price in South African rands as GQ US (R89 - R100), I think it might become a regular in my monthly magazine reading list. According to my friend it is available at Exclusive Books.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: