Friday, August 13, 2010

Preparing for Spring: Start with a new scent

A few months ago I opened a copy of GQ SA, the June issue, I think. In the packaging was a small sample of Azzaro Chrome Sport. A delectably strong cologne designed by Azzaro Paris for the sportsman. Being a Hugo Boss Baldesrini faithful, especially in the winter, I decided to just take the little thing and placed in my toiletry bag which stays in my gym bag. For use whenever I went to the gym. Needless to say it stayed in there, not used, for close on two months. A few weeks ago I decided to give it a try. I went a little too much with that first application leading me to surmise that a small application would literally cover me for the whole day. What happened today though was totally unexpected...


I went to the gym around midday and when I was finished it was 13:00. I headed straight to the showers. I decided to go all preppy with my casual Friday dress code. Light blue mini houndstooth shirt with point collars, with a  yellow, white and pink window pane check. Dark blue slim fit jeans. Heather grey rugby polo. Rust shaded desert boots. Woven yellow belt.

While getting dressed I decided, this time, to go easy with the application. I gave myself exactly two sprays and put it back. I was good for the day. I'm blogging now, the time is 21:36 and, I can still smell the scent. This is officially my scent for Spring. Without a doubt. It felt and smelt extra special after my workout as well.

Fresh out of the shower the fragrance is refreshing with aquatic-woody notes. Definitely a scent of action and energy. The top notes are citron, bergamot, grapefruit and bitter orange. A composition of cedar, amber and white musk close out this wonderful fragrance as base notes.

I can already smell Spring in the air.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: