Monday, September 13, 2010

I Wouldn't Do That Just Yet....

The mercury today at it's highest was an incredible 29 degrees celsius. I feel like this post is misplaced because of the current weather but experience tells me not to put all my winter coats away.

Spring in Durban is strange. Overcast skies. Cold days. Windy conditions. Constant rain. Generally it is unkind to those who want to rush and bust out their shorts, t-shirts and sandals. What's strange though is people's reactions when the weather takes on these cold and wet conditions, as opposed to the anticipated abundant warmth and sunlight.


Everything can be put away for next winter except a pea coat. A versatile item of outerwear that can be dressed up or down. What I appreciate most about a pea coat is the double breasted design. As a rule nothing else can be thrown on top of a pea coat. It always forms the last layer of an outfit, but for a scarf of course, which would form part of the coat's outer look. A personal preference in terms of length is the mid length pea coat. Just at the thigh. This works for casual or formal looks. I guess I could go on and on about this coat but the hot weather has greatly discouraged me.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: