Monday, September 20, 2010

The Rainy Season Begs for a Mack

During the upcoming rainy season, oh...! believe me the rain is coming, I can't think of a better way to keep the rain at bay other than a Mackintosh coat. As I sit and type this post, I know I have to make it a point to get myself one in either of the colours above. Beige/ Khaki or Navy. Having both will be more than a boon.

I appreciate its simple design. Buttons tucked away, long seamless line from top to bottom, no belts, epaulets or unnecessary additions. This is as simple as a coat can get. The image above, although just an image, illustrates to a certain degree the coat's waterproof qualify as well. Meaning you stay dry on the inside while the Mack takes care of the harsh elements on the outside. Wear it with jeans, a t-shirt and boots or on top of your suit. Either way you are sure to exude effortless style when enduring inclement weather. I would advise a style novice, since I am one myself, to forgo a trench and its apparent cantankerousness, and opt for a mack.

PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: