Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Style By Men's Health


October's issue of Men's Health carries their annual style issue. A few years ago I remember being excited at their style issue because of only one reason, the affordable prices of the clothes on display. Although rudimentary in presentation I find that this factor helps because it caters a lot more to style novices. It is definitely not in the same league as GQ. Because this is one issue I also find that it gives them time to survey and research prevalent styles in men's fashion and this helps when presenting the style issue because they only showcase the season's best and how to introduce and integrate them into your wardrobe.

For me, nothing beats being in shape. Especially as one gets older. It's almost like Men's Health adds the style segment as a bonus. Along with a fit body, here's a great way to accentuate it. South African readers will find that it caters to all style needs and can be easily translated to one's style and dress sense. Albeit a late posting, an October copy of Men's Health can still be found at book stores and news stands. Next month I review GQ SA top 10 best dressed men. And in that regard, I have a wait problem.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

2 comments:

spoozyliciouzz said...

Hey Mxolisi,

not the same thing in Germany´s issue, i fear. Most of the stuff you´ll find in the issue published here is either a) just fashion crap or b) not taking into regard the classic approach towards men´s wardrobe pieces...plus, personally i sometimes have a hard time to read all the stories of more sex, more muscles, more intelligence etc. stuff there...

Mxolisi Ngonelo said...

Spoozy,

I always look forward to style issues. I'm not a consumer of Men's Health per se, however I do enjoy their take on style. And I agree the combination of sex, muscles, etc, every day, all day, can be a little over the top.