Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Above The Rim - Stylish Big Man


The evolution of Chris Bosh's style seems to have started a few years ago. I surmise that probably around the time that the Orlando Magic made it to the NBA finals. The 2008/ 09 season. That season Bosh was an All Star, however due to injury he didn't participate in the game. Instead of representing the Eastern Conference in uniform, he showed up in this:


This is a rare sight in the NBA. Lost amongst a deluge of oversized, 5-button, incredibly baggy suits, Bosh is a stylish diamond in the rough. Maybe a stylist is involved in his evolution. What I appreciate most is the consistency with which he dresses. A lot of thought and effort is out into the process. From formal to casual Bosh is a lesson to the entire league.







PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

3 comments:

David said...

It does indeed seem that leading NBA players are starting to understand style, perhaps because of a stylist or image consultant, but I also know a lot of them get featured in GQ as well.

Excellent post, as a really tall person, I sometimes look to these guys as a guide.

Mxolisi Ngonelo said...

David,

Believe me I was fazed to learn that you are 6'6. Do you play ball..?

David said...

Not anymore, I just don't have the time. However, I played every day when I was younger. I would definitely like to get out on the court every now and then when I get some down time.