Monday, January 10, 2011

Stylish Head Gear


I am not big on anything that is worn on the head. Well...I did fitted caps and scullys in my younger days but that was about it. There's something about how hats fit on other people, that I feel I could never be able to pull it off. When it comes to a Panama hat, however, it is right up my style alley. Last week Friday's outfit, I know would've been complete in this hat. Fairly associated with summer attire a Panama hat is also closely associated with the tropics. Sir Sean Connery wore it well in an ad for Louis Vuitton shot in the Carribean. Images of Col. Sanders also have him in a Panama. Just search for them and you shall find them. The Panama hat goes way back. If you're looking for a current example of how a Panama serves style and function, then look no further than the current cricket going on between South Africa and India. Those umpires wear a mean Panama.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

David said...

When I was in Puerto Rico last year I heard there was a custom hat maker who made incredible panama hats, I meant to go and have one made but I did not have the time before I left. I'm still on the lookout for them, hopefully someday I'll be able to find a good one.