Monday, February 28, 2011

There's Something Swaggerific About...


There's something swaggerific about putting your hands in your (suit) jacket as opposed to your pant pockets. It's a style that definitely separates the men from the boys. I have consciously adopted it as well because I find it comfortable and that it helps me avoid the infamous school boy look, which, to the discerning eye does very little in endearing itself to the viewing audience. One could say it is a style almost synonymous with Italian men, however anyone can execute it. Whether it's one hand or both, swagger you will exude. You will stand out for all the right reasons and for those reasons you ought to give it a try. There's nothing more to say on this issue, however you can browse the rest of these images to see exactly what I mean.






Last three images taken from the Sartorialist.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

2 comments:

David said...

You're the first person I've seen pick up on this. I've been doing it rather habitually for quite some time now. Actually, it produced some rather negative feedback from my latest post because it apparently made the jacket I was wearing look odd. Never mind that though, I very much look forward to finding a slant pocket jacket which seems made for this sort of thing. Great post.

Gentleman's Gazette said...

I like the double breasted linen blazer the most, however without the sunglasses it would have even been better.