Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ballers At Fashion Week

I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. If the current Collective Bargaining Agreement talks between the National Basketball Association, team owners and the players' union, don't work out, then I am filled with a sense of foreboding. I see some hungry days ahead. If there is no headway by October then I am going to have a listless November because that's when the NBA season is scheduled to start. ESPN is incredibly boring right now. I'm a lover of sports but some are just inaccessible in the way they are presented and played. Take American football, for instance, too many stops and starts, therefore the lack of flow in the game cuts my attention span by like 3 and a half quarters. I enjoyed the US Open, last week. Local football has, for me, made a resurgence in the minds and hearts of South Africans. That means this season has plenty in store, for us, its supporters. I don't have time for fishing, poker, NASCAR (in fact, any kind of car racing).

Amar'e Stoudemire

So, while it seems that baksetball players will be taking an extended break from their jobs, a few of the style conscious ones have been making appearances at this year's Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. One thing is for sure, these guys are redefining the way big men should dress. Paying particular attention to the cardinal rules of proportion and fit. Browse with me.

LeBron James

Dwyane Wade

Shawn Marion

Chris Bosh

Carmelo Anthony

Kris Humphries






Images taken from Wire Images and Getty Images.



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: