Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumn Rocks


If you're looking for a casual aesthetic to ease or endure a transitional season like autumn then this is it. I've lionized this combination of garments for quite some time. It's effortless and, evidently, amiable. It also doesn't require much thinking. You just pair trousers and a polo neck jersey. Footwear could be anything from formal boots, loafers, chukka boots, wingtips or even plain oxfords.

This post is out of season for southern hemisphere dwellers I concede, however, it's never too early or late to start preparing for the cold months ahead. The aesthetic on Lenny Kravitz redounds even more because it is a combination of fabrics and textures. The trousers appear to be tweed donegal in a brown shade. The polo neck jersey is slim fitting, fine gauge (in all probability), in a dark navy blue shade. An injection of creativity is evinced in the belt, which appears to be a slim, woven piece, in an even darker brown than the trousers. The hat, to me, is an affectation, which I would be averse to trying. However, it pulls the look together and lends it an even more casual/ laidback mien. I love it and I'm defintely going to try it next year.


I know you see how in shape Lenny Kravitz is. I'm even more convinced that you saw Chris Evans in the pages of the U.S. version of GQ in July; the fine gauge polo neck jersey cannot be executed with any semblance of a potbelly. That would ruin the aesthetic. So get in shape, it'll do you a world of good.

                              PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Great commentary and I agree 100%. Fall is my favorite season as it offers the most layering opportunities with patterned scarves, button up shirts, etc.

The trousers look great as well. You should check out the post I did on the Ovadia & Sons’ Fall Winter 2011 Lookbook. Same overall look and feel and African American models were only used. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers!