Thursday, June 20, 2013

Brands: Black Original Rogue Wallet


I have been in the market for a wallet for a very long time. Considering the fact that the first wallet I bought, with my own money, was back in 2003, with hanging threads, coins falling out, torn faux leather, etc, it had definitely seen its best days. So, it was rather fortuitous that some time in May the people at Rogue Industries offered me a wallet for review.



I have to be honest I was not sold at first. The whole curvy shape of the wallet really threw me off, or maybe it was ambivalence about the impending change; Out with the old, in with the new. I finally relented when a colleague of mine remarked that it would be a unique, one-of-a-kind piece that I would be owning. I got in touch with Rogue Industries and made my selection. The one thing that really impressed me about this whole process is the delivery time. The wallet was shipped just after Memorial Day Weekend in America and it arrived at my local post office between Monday 29 May and 10 June 2013. This really bodes well for any future online purchses I intend making especially for clothes.


A little about Rogue Industries: Is a family owned and operated small business, that manufactures leather accessories, situated in Portland, Maine. They manufacture accessories that are built to last and this can be evinced in their design and reflection on history and heritage. They make wallets, shave kits, credit card sleeves and electronics cases; all built with function and durability in mind. The inventor of my particular wallet, the Rogue wallet, is Michael Lyons who co-owns the company with his son, Wells Lyons. The Rogue wallet is a curved front pocket wallet that is RFID shielded. It is made from premium leather, is lightweight and holds 6 - 8 credit cards. There is also a slot for a photo or some type of identification and it fits most currency. I have had no problem fitting the lowest to the highest of bank notes. The design of the Rogue wallet is premised on understated style and utility; a wallet that fits into the front pocket.


I have never heard of RFID techonology. Therefore I had to do a little research. RFID (Radio-frequency identification) is the wireless non-contact use of radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically stored information. Basically, since the Rogue wallet is RFID shielded, it means that your credit, debit or any other card information cannot cloned or stolen. I thought these types of proclivities occurred only when one uses their card, meanwhile things have evolved and taken a somewhat turn for the worse. I've never been a victim of such, however, it's reassuring that I am doubly protected thanks to the Rogue wallet.


There are a number of things I am extremely content and satisfied with when it comes to this product:

- It's minimalist design.
- All black/ charcoal colour (easily blends in with the night).
- Manufactured by a small business.
- Made local as well; for Americans (a call to support local).
- A quality product with an unbelievable 2 year guarantee.
- Takes bank notes and a few cards (this means I need to invest in a card holder so as to not overload my wallet thus resulting in an unnecessary bulge).
- Try it in your front pocket, you'll see, it fits perfectly.
- RFID shield gives me a sense of security.
- No compartment for coins (they should be kept at a minimum anyway)
- I really expect people to ask about it when they see it.

A special word of gratitude to Amelia and Rogue Industries.


 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

eToro is the most recommended forex broker for beginner and advanced traders.