Monday, October 14, 2013

Style: CSquared #TOPSWAG Style Icon Search 2013 Groomed by #LOrealMenX


I wasn't going to enter this competition, even after some prompting, I just didn't feel compelled. But after reading and browsing through the terms, conditions, and glorious prizes, I decided to enter the fray. I had a whole outfit planned which is spring appropriate and I chose Sunday (yesterday) as the day to shoot pictures and enter. Something changed just when we were about to head out church, I asked my wife to take some pictures of me in what I was wearing. On a cold, windy and rainy day I decided to forego the planned outfit and settled on these light grey trousers, brown check jacket, pink semi-spread collar shirt, navy blue tie with butterfly motif, pink paisley pocket square, and burgundy captoe oxfords. When I saw the images I was sold that I had a qualifying combination. And, really, it was not planned nor deliberate. 

Csquared, which is a leading formal menswear brand in South Africa is hosting this competition, in association with L'Oreal. It's a brand ambassador search; an gentleman who embodies style, charm, a fashion sense, but mostly swag. In this instance it's not about votes, it's about 'likes', Facebook likes. So, if you like my ensemble then I urge you to go to the Csquared Facebook and like my picture, leave a comment as well. This is also an opportunity to 'see' who the readers and supporters of this blog are. So go on and start liking. Here is the official brief from the sponsors:

Do you think you have #TOPSWAG and what it takes to be the next big thing in Men's Fashion? 

ENTER HERE -> http://a.pgtb.me/M5FZc9

- Become CSquared Ambassador & #TOPSWAG Style Icon 2013
- CSquared Designer wardrobe for a year.
- VIP Lifestyle for a year - Full access and complimentary travel and treatment to SA's hottest events on the high society social calendar.
- A year's worth of cutting-edge grooming products from#LOrealMenX
- Photoshoot and feature in SA's TOP Mens Magazine
Entries close on 15 October 2013. So get Liking, tagging and sharing Gents to gain more support for your votes and prove how you dominate the style stakes on social media. 

ATT: All entrants of #TOPSWAG must be ready, available and willing to travel in order to attend #TOPSWAG fashion voting party on 17 Oct. Entries close 5pm on Tuesday.

Chosen #TOPSWAG OKe's will be Notified via email.

So, with exactly less than 24 hours left, at the eleventh hour, I need all the 'likes' and 'tags' I can get just to crack the top 30. I appreciate your readership and support. I will report on how the contest unfolds as time goes on.

In order to view the gallery of all the stylish gentlemen and to like and comment, click here.

No comments: