Thursday, May 8, 2014

Style: The Corduroy Suit For Autumn

 
I've been thinking about a corduroy suit for quite some time and I think this might be the time you consider it too. It's quite versatile. So, I put together this layout with a tan corduroy suit as the foundation piece. This is just a microcosm of the potential reach a corduroy suit has both as one piece or when it is broken up and worn as separate pieces. Even though it can be dressed up, it is better suited for weekend wear because of the casual character it exudes. I have a tan linen suit I am rearing to wear come summer but in winter a tan corduroy suit is a stylish way of standing out. I am a little sceptical of leather shoes and whether they are well suited for a corduroy suit, however, I included those rubber soled high boat shoes as a leather just to continue the casual vibe. It goes without saying therefore that the brown suede monkstraps are befitting especially when considering the textures involved. Even though it's warm enough as a stand alone piece without any outerwear, I added the navy quilted jacket because it's versatile on its own and that it supplant the jacket.
 
I really can't say I've seen anyone wearing it in Durban, however, this is a great opportunity to start searching for one.
 
 
PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: