Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Style: Voting Day Look


It is a glorious day today, indicative of what autumn in Durban entails. Sunny and warm with a light breeze, great day for family. I decided on a casual but presentable look while heading to the polling station. It's also comfortable for relaxing at home the whole day. It was also an opportunity for me to tap into autumn's colour palette by wearing this button down salmon shirt from Woolworths and the almond brogues by Bishop. If I'd worn a navy blazer I'd be treading on business casual territory, however, this slim, light, navy blue shawl collar cardigan is the difference maker. It's warm outside but the breeze has a slight chill, so the cardigan is a practical insulating layer. Navy blue can get quite familiar and mundane. It would appear that going for it evokes a sense of lack of imagination sometimes. That's why I need to get myself a cream white shawl collar cardigan. Now that would be imaginative and adventurous.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: