Friday, July 11, 2014

Style: Winter Layers


A cold front is sweeping the country right now and it seems we have more cold weather coming right up until the weekend. And this can only mean that a gent has to take precautionary measures in order to counter the cold. I decided to get creative but stylish, and also pack on the layers because I just don't handle being cold well. 


I haven't worn a scully/ knit hat in years and this time the weather really called for it. As an accessory I decided to pair it with this slim polo neck jersey; I also decided to keep the colours in the family. I like the versatility of a polo neck, especially how it can be dressed up or down, it makes it an essential and worthwhile addition to a gent's wardrobe. Something that's a little awkward is the fit of the polo neck through the neck; I don't know whether it's because I haven't worn it in a long time but the it just feels a little weird or maybe it might take a little getting used to. This denim jacket by CAT® Apparel is quite thick and it forms a warm layering piece. I'm still trying to figure out how to match it colours because it doesn't strike me as blue nor does it look grey.


These are my favourite winter trousers by far; light grey, 100% wool by BRAX. If I could have more of them in a variety of autumn/ winter shades I'd be complete. They also have great insulation inside and this helps in keeping the cold at bay. I've had a lot of extensive work done on them and this is a subject I plan on posting about soon, just to show the amount of work that's been undertaken.



I rounded off with this black nylon raincoat with a warm lining. It's waterproof but at the same time it keeps me warm. I had a little work done on it in terms of tapering the sleeves and it came out wonderfully. Since the trousers are dressy are opted for the black Barker oxfords. A black suede chelsea or navy blue chukka boots would be the best choice.



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

3 comments:

Mike said...

With 27°C in Düsseldorf today, your get-up is rather strange :-)

Anonymous said...

I love it.

Sherri Colons said...

The cap is looking superb.I love to follow the latest fashion trends of streetwear clothing. The style you showed above suites the latest trends and style.