Monday, November 17, 2014

Brands: Combatant Gentlemen Navy Blue Modern Fit Suit


November has been a quiet month due to exams and a lot of pressure at work, however, now that I have the exams out of the way I think it's time I finally posited on the navy blue modern fit suit by Combatant Gentlemen. As I have alluded before Combatant Gentlemen is a fairly new menswear outfitter available online. They are slowly making their mark on the online menswear world and nothing gives me more encouragement about them than their recent developments; they have expanded their range to include outerwear and black tie formal. They seem like they mean business by offering suiting and other garments in quality fabrics at very affordable and reasonable prices.


The suit is a dark navy blue shade, however, it can be distinguished from other shades of dark navies. The fabric is 100% pure Italian wool. For me, the fabric is the best thing about the suit. It is simply beautiful; smooth to the touch, comfortable and soft, I think it will satisfy a lot of gentlemen who are interested. The suit is off the rack, it comes in a size of your choice, I chose a size 40R and the trousers, which are flat-front, were a size 36 waist. The trousers are unhemmed and this means I could finish them in any way I wanted. I chose to have them cuffed especially because the fabric is a little on the warm side with some heft. This suit, by the way, is appropriate for autumn right through spring; it'll be too hot and heavy for summer. The back image evinces some of the flaws of a off the rack suit; fabric bunching from the lower back to between the shoulder blades. The sleeves also were slightly baggy and this explains the bunching of the fabric through the tricep. These are minor flaws, I believe with time the quality of the construction of the suits will get better and more precisioned.

I had to play it safe, Combatant Gent suits come in a slim and modern sizing, and I elected a modern size just to avoid disappoint in case a slim fit didn't fit. 

For me this suit is a great start for the young professional who is starting to build his wardrobe and is looking for a suit which is affordable quality. I'm sure you'll agree that $200 US isn't bad at all; and that, in my opinion, makes Combatant Gentlemen very competitive in the online menswear milieu.



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

Jessica Williams said...

The information is quite good and the coat quality seems to be more than average, lot of coats and best leather jackets for men is available online