Monday, March 9, 2015

Style: Pastel Summer


There is absolutely no stopping the heat and while some locations are slowly transitioning to spring, I haven't seen advertising alluding to or indicating the imminent arrival of autumn. So, with the sun continuing it's lean, I decided to add a smidgen of colour to this light, breathable navy suit via a turquoise cotton gingham shirt. And the first compliment came from my wife; I surmise that light pastel colours complement my skin tone and this should lead to more experimentation with pastels. Thinking about it, it makes sense then that dark colours will clash with dark skin tones because they will appear monotonous and lifeless. I've alluded to this before in the early days of this blog that my skin tone is referred to as winter; which means the winter is cool and clear with stark, dramatic skin. Africans, Asians, and Caucasians with very pale skin and dark hair fall into this category.

Some of my research indicates that a winter skin tone works with true white, true black, cool grays, navy blue, deep reds, bright pinks, jewel tones (emerald, royal blue, royal purple), and icy pastels.  Conversely, beige, orange, gold, brown and other washed out shades don't work so well with the winter skin tone and should be avoided.


                                              
                                                 PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: