Monday, June 8, 2015

Style: Essential Shoes For Your Winter Wardrobe


I don't know how I ended up on the Superbalist mailing list, however, it is an unsolicited relationship that I have come to appreciate. They cater mainly to the casual and sporty demographic with some flashes of brilliance like the shoes featured in today's post. First, the tan Jimmy Zoom derby made from burnished, unadorned leather. It's absolutely perfect for this winter especially because it adds a touch of colour to your feet. It has a casual vibe and this means that it should be worn in a dressed down manner as well. A navy blue corduroy suit would be the perfect complement, as well as a pair of chinos and a sport jacket. It would really give tweed a run for its money. And at R1199, I'm inclined to think this would be a very wise investment.


For anyone looking to get into the double monkstrap trend, I think this shoe by Monk Selected Homme is a great place to start. It comes in conventional light brown, a cap-toe and a rubber sole. It's also perfect for winter and wet surfaces. It straddles the dressed up or down dress codes really well because of its versatile look. The rounded toe also gives it room to be combined with various combinations and this why I recommend it so much. Think of wearing them with a grey pin-striped suit, a sky blue shirt and a reddish tie, or, with blue jeans, light blue gingham shirt, burnt orange V-neck sweater and a Prince of Wales check jacket. I'd  also be remiss if I didn't mention that these are selling for R899; an investment I'd definitely make.


PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

1 comment:

George said...

i like these shoes