Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pick Of The Week: Ben Sherman Crew Neck Jumper

Ben Sherman Crew Neck Jumper

I have a love-hate relationship with clothing in general. One time I may like a certain article of clothing, then another time I may dislike it. This goes especially for clothing that I initially dislike and then over time I start gravitating towards it. This can be said for this week's pick of the week: The Ben Sherman crew neck jumper. I can honestlty say that this design of a jumper hasn't been my favourite for a long time. It's only this year that I started giving it some serious attention, especially because of the way it enhances an outfit overall. My favourite jumper all these years has been a V-neck, simply because of the way it enhances the aesthetic and the way it looks, however, I'm convinced that a crew neck deserves the same if not more consideration.

This one by Ben Sherman is made of 100% cotton, it has ribbing on the cuff and the hem, and it also has a chest pocket. I would consider it a casual piece because of the way it's designed. It's great for layering under a jacket, top coat or some kind of outerwear. It looks set for sporty weekend wear as well. One other thing I like about a crew neck jumper is the fact that it holds a shirt collar in, you don't get the collar falling outside of the jumper creating an untidy look. My favourite way to wear any of these jumpers would be with chinos or jeans and a khaki camel top coat, fnished off with come chukka boots.



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

No comments: