Monday, October 12, 2015

Style: A Suit For Spring


The more I wear this suit the more I realise just how playful it is. It is really not suited for business because of its fit and the cut of the jacket. We are experiencing a lot of hot weather, a heatwave even swept through other parts of the country, and this should translate to lighter and brighter clothing. This is a very lightweight wool suit, which I am convinced is a tropical wool. I do however think it needs to be approached with a 'flippant' attitude because that's how it'll eventually work .


It's a lightweight suit of a light shade of blue and that means that it shouldn't be overpowered by too many dark colours which will result in many contrasts. I decided to keep the shirt within the same colour scheme and opted for this light blue shade. It is made of 100% cotton and it is perfect for the warm/ hot months.


For this whole year I have consciously worn my jackets with the flaps inside the pockets. And the only reason is the fact that I think it's a lot neater and excess material is minimised. This is something I have done with consistency. The neck-tie is made from 100% silk, fastened with a four-in-hand knot and a natural dimple. A natural dimple for me is one that forms without any manipulation by my hands and fingers. I will also admit that this tie is slightly more formal than the suit and this creates some sort of disharmony. A knit tie or something slimmer would've been better. I also decided to keep the pocket square relatively quaint by opting for white linen with a yellow border.



Due to some weight gain (blame it on winter) I don't wear any of my trousers with a belt. It might appear as a poor choice for some, having belt loops but no belt, but to me the tight waist obviates a belt. This suit has also undergone some alterations, mainly to the trousers: tapering the hem, bringing in the waist and shortening the length. But these are all regular alterations that were done with ease by a tailor. I opted for the burgundy oxford shoes because they seemed to complement the burgundy pattern on the neck-tie. Somehow I feel that tan loafers would've done the trick as well. As we head deeper into spring and only to face the unbearable heat of summer, one way to stay stylish and presentable is with a tropical wool suit. You won't be disappointed.



PG: Man to man, generation to generation.

5 comments:

Martin said...

That's a great suit. Love the yellow to add that touch of color.

Trey Ahzze said...

great and perfect shoes

james thomos said...

Hi, this is very nice blog. I like this. very interesting blog really
http://www.zobello.com/mens-clothing/mens-shirts.html

Anika Raut said...

Perfect combination of grey suit with yellow tie with a classy fit. Kudos to your article. Found your article really interesting. You can have custom made suits options on a website called Herringbone and Sui

Pezalli Creations said...

We at Pezalli, produce high quality shirts for discerning gentleman, entirely hand crafted. From exquisite fit and comfort to impeccable elegance, this shirt offers you the best of both British traditional craftsmanship and modern Italian design.Pezalli Bespoke shirts are custom made with your personal choice of fabric, style components and monogram, using 22 pieces and 55 separate steps, to create a statement of style and quality unlike any other.
http://www.pezalli.com/aboutus.php